Thursday, April 2, 2009

Introductions and National Library Week


Hello,

Welcome to the Marywood University's library blog! My name is Erin Dunleavy, and I am the graduate assistant to the reference department. I am a confirmed library geek, and I am proud to admit it! I have been asked to start writing about my insights and what is going on here in the library from a student/library perspective. I plan to contribute regularly and keep you up to date as much as possible.

Now that the introductions are done, I have a lot to tell you. You probably received and will continue to receive a number of emails about National Library Week. So what are we doing with this National Library Week? We are pretty much having a week long celebration here to honor the library and its patrons.

What does mean to you? Well on the academic side, if there's any question about the library that you have, you can find out the answer by attending our information sessions. (Not that you couldn't do that any other day!) You can test your library skills with our library quiz. A prize will be given to the top three.

Also, if you have any overdue books, we are granting amnesty that week to our patrons. Furthermore, if you have a pet peeve with the library, you could let us know because we will be conducting a library survey that week.

On the fun side, we will have yummy delicious treats all week from pizza to coffee, to Rita's ice, etc. We will also have games, live music, and a number of prizes throughout the week. Plus we be having a week long book sale.

This is generally what is going to be happening during the week. On each day, I will post the specific events taking place here in the library.

Erin:)

2 comments:

Dr. Broughton's Sabbatical said...

Yay Erin! Nice job with the Blog! I'll definitely be stopping by the library during library week. Ttys! ~Jess C~

Erin said...

Thank you, I try my best.

Erin:)